August 24, 2012

Teedy's Gigantic Awesome Oatmeal Cookies! (With Photos)

I've never been an extraordinary baker but I can make some hell-fire cookies! The cakes I bake taste pretty good but they usually come out looking like a but if a disaster. My husband, Peto, is an excellent baker, so his help is making my cakes look a bit better.

I always make a huge array of cookies for Christmas to share ith family and friends. My specialties are Double Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter with Chocolate Toffee Chips. This recipe is one that I created recently to put a spin on my basic Oatmeal Cookie Recipe. The addition of something as simple as almond extract makes for a rich fantastic flavor.

When I give cookies as a gift I tend to make them bite sized or standard. When I make cookies for at home consumption, I make them GIGANTIC!!!!

This recipe makes 24 standard cookies or 12 Gigantic cookies

Teedy's Gigantic Awesome Oatmeal Cookies!

1 cups all - purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 cup oats
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream margarine, oil, vanilla and almond extracts, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually stir in the sifted ingredients until well blended. Mix in oats, nuts and chocolate chips. Drop from a tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. I like to make nice large balls and flatten them just a bit. I love GIGANTIC cookies!!!

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Let set up on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Enjoy them with a glass of cold milk or my favorite, a cup of steaming dark roast coffee. Mmmmmmmm....
Now...

Go, eat!!

If you enjoy the recipes, please share my blog with your friends. If you have a recipe you'd like to share in Friendly Foods, please send it in. Photos are also appreciated! teedycooks@gmail.com

1 comments:

Amy said...

Kicking myself for not thinking of adding almond extract to my favorite cookie! Thanks for the inspiration. And I agree, for home consumption, gigantic is the only way to go!

Post a Comment