August 08, 2015

Ham & Egg Cups!


WHAT?!! Yep! #beautifulbreakfast
My wonderful tiny mama, Lolet Boutte sent me a recipe she found online. It was for these great looking egg cups made from forming a base in a muffin tin with prosciutto, cracking an egg into the form, topping with spices and baking. Well of course, I had to revamp it, just a touch.

Here in Western Norway we have a beautiful cured ham called Stranda Skinke. It has an amazing flavor and texture that's perfect for this dish and I used that in place of prosciutto. I have a deep cup silicon muffin tin but you can use a standard muffin tin.

Form the ham in the cup so it covers the bottom an most of the sides.


My little addition. I put a thin slice of brie into the bottom of each cup. Oh yea, baby!


Crack an egg into each cup and sprinkle spices, herbs, dice red onion and bell pepper over the egg top. Salt is probably unnecessary with the salty flavor of the ham.


Bake the egg cups at 185C for 15-18 minutes and then turn off the oven. Cover with foil and let it sit in the oven for another 10 minutes until eggs are desire firmness. Use a knife to gently loosen the cups from the form. I use a large spoon to remove the cups from the tins. This type of ham gets a beautiful crispy bacon like texture along the top edges when baked.

I served the cups with sliced cucumber, sprinkled with spices, olive oil and pepper flakes, avocado with lime juice, spices and kale sauteed in coconut oil with red onion, bell pepper, garlic and cooked red lentils.





This is a dish packed with protein and will keep you feeling full until it's time for a light lunch. You deserve all of this deliciousness!!

It also works great as a brunch with a crisp, refreshing Mango Mimosa.

Now, Go EAT!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment